The Kern High School District is committed to providing your student with a Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) in the Least Restrictive Environment (LRE), as designated in the Individualized Education Program (IEP). The continuum for these settings, least restrictive to most restrictive, is as follows:
- General education class(es) with special education monitoring consultation, collaboration, accommodations or modifications.
- General education class(es) with special education services provided individually or in small groups in the classroom.
- Special education class(es) with part-time integration for academics in general education classroom.
- Special education class(es) with integration into non-academic and/or extracurricular activities.
- Full-time special education class(es) in a public school.
- Full-time special education class(es) in a Nonpublic School (NPS).
- Home/hospital instruction.
The notice of Parental Rights and Procedural Safeguards (LEA) provides you as parents, legal guardians, and surrogate parents of children with disabilities from three (3) years of age through age twenty-one (21) and students who have reached age eighteen (18), the age of majority, with an overview of your educational rights or procedural safeguards.