Intra-District Transfer Policy
If you would like to apply for an Intra-District Transfer please begin the process at your home school site.
- Intra-district transfers will be reviewed each grading period for good citizenship, regular attendance and a minimum of average grades. Transfers who are judged not acceptable will be revoked.
- Intra-district transfers, which would worsen overcrowded classes, will be denied.
- An intra-district transfer may not be granted to a student whose attendance; conduct or academic achievement does not satisfactorily meet the expectations of the requested school of attendance.
- When specific or unusual circumstances necessitate a transfer, the District Director will determine the school of attendance.
- Final decisions regarding transfers requested will be determined by the District Director of School Support Services.
Compliance with AB 2826
- Board Policies related to transfers
- We accept Intra and Inter District Transfer requests throughout the calendar year.
- Transfers will be approved or denied on a case by case basis.
Siblings of students receiving an intra-district transfer are not guaranteed attendance as family and must apply through the open enrollment process.
The district reserves the right to deny any intra-district transfer request, regardless of stated guidelines, when such a transfer would not be in the best interest of the district and/or student.
Denial of an intra-district request may be appealed by contacting KHSD School Support Services at 827-3157. Please contact us to schedule an appeal hearing.
SG:dr IDT Trans Policy Rev. 06/19