* * * All Kern High staff (regular, subs, and coaches) are now eligible to receive the COVID Vaccine if interested. Please read information below and click on the PDF. * * *
The State of California has approved those in the education field to receive vaccinations beginning Monday, February 22, 2021. This includes all KHSD employees. If you are interested in receiving a vaccine, at no cost to the employee, and would like to utilize the KHSD partnership with Kern Medical, please follow the steps below.
A few things to know about this opportunity:
- Receiving a vaccine is voluntary
- Currently this does not include family members or dependents
- There is no out of pocket cost to employees, including employees who are not covered by the District’s medical insurance
- If you are interested in receiving the vaccination, you may utilize this partnership or search out other providers identified by Kern County Public Health: https://kernpublichealth.com/coronavirus-vaccine/
Information needed to complete the process, if interested:
- Employee ID Number
- Personal Email Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Insurance Information (Insurance not required)
- Complete the KM Vaccine survey providing your site and employee ID number (this number can be found on your pay stub).
- After you have completed the survey, send an email alerting KM staff that you have completed the survey and include your preferred dates/times.
- KM Staff will be in touch with you to complete the scheduling process and ask any follow up questions.*
*All information provided to Kern Medical is confidential and not available to KHSD staff.
Information about the Vaccine:
Kern Medical is using the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. When you receive your 1st dose, an appointment will be scheduled for the 2nd dose through Kern Medical. More information about COVID-19 vaccines can be found here: www.kern.org/vaccine or covid19.ca.gov/vaccines. Unfortunately, the vaccine survey link is for KHSD employees only. Family members are not included.
Click on PDF Below