Parent Notification for CAASPP Testing (2020-2021):
The CAASPP Smarter Balanced Summative Assessments for ELA and mathematics, and California Science Test (CAST), can now be administered remotely (from home). LEAs will have the option of assessing students remotely. Additional considerations for remote administration include the following:
- There will be enhancements made to the test delivery system that provide in-system video monitoring, individual messaging, and one-on-one video calling features.
- *Secure browsers will be required for all assessments, with the exception being those administered one-on-one. Detailed procedures and system requirements for LEAs and parents/guardians are provided here (through the CDE).
- *Video Monitoring is required for each assessment. Parents/guardians may opt out of the monitoring by notifying their students testing coordinator.
Welcome to KHSD Testing Information
- PSAT/ SAT - College Board testing has been suspended at all KHSD sites pending students return to campuses. Registered students will receive more information from the College Board. Additional testing opportunities may be possible in the future in place of canceled administrations. More details: spr.ly/60181subj
- ACT - ACT testing has been suspended at all KHSD sites pending students return to campuses.. Registered students will receive more information from ACT. Additional testing opportunities may be possible in the future in place of canceled administrations. More details: bit.ly/33IEBaQ
The Kern High School District is dedicated to helping our students achieve their academic goals. KHSD created this portal to provide students and families with the important testing information they need for qualifications, placement, and testing schedules. If you have any further questions, please contact the District office at (661) 827-3100.