These CORE VALUES shape our KHSD commitment to engage families as partners:
- Families are the first and most influential teachers of their children. Respecting and welcoming all families into the school community supports the academic achievement of all students.
- KHSD welcomes families as advocates for their children’s success. We know that some students have been underserved, and we are committed to welcoming families as partners in their children’s education.
- Student achievement is supported by positive relationships among students, staff and families, and by engaging all members of the school community to resolve conflict, repair harm and prevent punitive discipline.
- Engaging families across the diversity of our student population requires intentional actions, to build understanding and inclusion for all ethnicities, languages, socioeconomic backgrounds and family structures.
- Collaborative leadership and shared decision-making strengthens our schools and improves our services to students and their families.
- Providing families with access to information, community resources and support services is essential to supporting student success.
- Engaging families is a shared responsibility. KHSD holds ourselves accountable to lead and support collaborative efforts with community partners to engage and empower our students’ families.