The law requires any district with 51 or more English learners to have a functioning DELAC (or subcommittee of a district committee) in which at least 51% of the members are parents (not employed by the KHSD) of English learners. The purpose of the DELAC is to advise the district on:
- Development of a district master plan for educational programs and services for English learners that takes into consideration the school site master plans.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school by school basis.
- Establishment of a district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the KHSD reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
- Review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
The KHSD provides training materials and training appropriate to assist members in carrying out their legal advisory responsibilities, planned in full consultation with committee members. The DELAC also provides review and advice to the district regarding the development of the annual CARS.
Migrant Region V RAC Representatives:
Ana Santa Maria – Golden Valley High - Elected 2021
Anel Orozco - East High - Elected 2021
Ana Luna - Highland High - Elected 2021