The Purchasing Department assists all of the Kern High School District school sites and departments in obtaining equipment, material, supplies and services at the best possible price. This is accomplished through fair and open competition.
The District Warehouse keeps in stock all the immediate supplies, and stores furniture and equipment for new school construction and school modernizations. The District Mail is also distributed by the warehouse staff.
It is our goal to:
- Conduct ourselves with fairness and integrity
- Successfully support every school site
- Search for the most economic and proficient way of providing goods and services to all the KHSD departments
- Adhere to the Purchasing profession’s code of ethics
- Have our vendors believe that doing business with the KHSD has been beneficial to both parties