2018 BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
- January 8, 2018 (Second Monday)
- February 5, 2018
- March 5, 2018
- April 9, 2018 (Second Monday)
- May 7, 2018
- June 4, 2018
- June 25, 2018 (Fourth Monday in June)
- (No Regular Meeting in July)
- August 6, 2018
- September 4, 2018 (Tuesday)
- October 1, 2018
- November 5, 2018
- December 10, 2018* (Second Monday in December: Annual Organizational Meeting)
Board of Trustees meetings are held in the Board Room located in the EOC Administrative Building, Kern High School District, 5801 Sundale Avenue, Bakersfield, CA 93309. Closed Session traditionally precedes Open Session and is held in Conference Room ‘A’, unless otherwise posted. Open Session begins at 7:00 p.m. Regular meetings are usually scheduled for the first Monday of every month, except as noted above.
For further information regarding Board of Trustee meetings, please contact the Office of the Superintendent, (661) 827-3154 (or via FAX at 661-827-3301), or e-mail email@example.com
During all regular and special meetings, the Board follows and acts upon an agenda composed of items presented from the Superintendent’s Office, or the Business, Educational Services and Innovative Programs, Instruction, and Human Resources divisions. At least 72 hours before each regular meeting – and 24 hours before each special meeting – an agenda is posted at the District Office, at each school site for public information, and on our website at www.kernhigh.org. You are welcome to receive a copy of the board agenda and supporting information either for a specific meeting or on a regular basis. Agendas are also available at the entrance to the Board Room prior to each meeting. The consent agenda expedites action on routine matters. Action is taken on all consent items at one time.
The Board is responsible to the State of California and the local citizens for providing an educational program for District students in grades nine through twelve. Its actions must conform with:
- The Constitutions of the United States and the State of California
- Federal and California statutes and court decisions
- The California Administrative Code, Title V, Education Code
- Rules and Regulations of the State Board of Education
Minutes record all Board action. Once adopted, the minutes are public records, available for inspection at the District Office and on our website at www.kernhigh.org.