On July 1, 2022, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) updated the COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in California.
The 2022-2023 CDPH Schools Guidance for schools can be found on the CA Safe Schools for All webpage
or at this link:
- Masks are strongly recommended by all staff and students while indoors in K-12 settings per CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings
- Masks are optional outdoors
- There are no minimum physical distancing requirements when other mitigation strategies (e.g. masking) are implemented
- Individuals with COVID-19 must isolate for 10 days or follow CDPH guidelines for return after day 5
- Isolation can end after Day 5 if:
- Symptoms are not present, or are mild and improving; AND
- You are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication).
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until 24 hours after fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not improving, continue isolation until symptoms are improving or after Day 10.
- If the confirmed case has severe symptoms, or is at high risk of serious disease or has questions concerning care, they should contact their healthcare provider for available treatments.
- Per CDPH masking guidance, infected persons should wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings.
- After you have ended isolation, if your symptoms recur or worsen, get tested again and if positive, restart isolation at Day 0.
- Students exposed to COVID-19, regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status, or location of exposure, may continue to participate in all aspects of K-12 schooling, including sports and extracurricular activities unless they develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19
- Rapid antigen COVID tests are available at the District Office to all staff and students
- Appointments are required and can be made by following the testing links on this page
The KHSD COVID-19 Safety/Safe Return to In-Person Plan is located here: (Spanish coming soon)