Public Health Guidance
On July 12, 2021, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) issued updated COVID-19 guidance for K-12 schools. You can view the complete CDPH guidance HERE.
As with previous guidance, masks continue to be required for in-person instruction in all K-12 schools. While community opinions vary, KHSD is required to adhere to the most recent CDPH mandate to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
The CDPH mask requirement is as follows:
- Masks are required for all students and adults in indoor K-12 settings, with exemptions per CDPH mask guidance.
- If exempt from wearing a face covering due to a medical condition, a non-restrictive alternative, such as a face shield with a drape at the bottom edge must be worn, as their condition permits.
- Masks are optional for outdoor activities.
- A Face covering will be provided to students and staff as needed.
- Social distancing requirements indoors have been eliminated when all students and staff wear masks indoors.
Robust safety protocols are in place at all KHSD campuses and facilities, which include:
- Personal protective equipment is available for students and staff
- Hand sanitizer in all classrooms/hand washing stations available around campus
- Frequent disinfecting
- Upgraded filtration systems in school buildings
*The Kern High School District will follow the latest state and local public health guidelines to ensure student and staff safety. We will continue to work with public health agencies to update these protocols as necessary. All guidelines are effective as of July 14, 2021, and plans are subject to changing environmental conditions and local or state guidance updates.