The district is piloting a new college and career readiness program at seven of our comprehensive high schools called Naviance Succeed and Family Connection. The program is designed to assist students in college and career planning by providing resources that will help students learn more about unique strengths, personality style, and career interests. Family Connection allows students to do the following:
- Research careers using seven different career assessment tools which will help students understand learning styles, the Holland Code, the multiple intelligence profile, career clusters, and much more. Students will also see the connection between interests, majors, and colleges that offer those majors
- Research colleges using the SuperMatch college search tool and learn more about the myriad different colleges and universities and the entrance requirements and majors offered.
- Search for both local and national scholarship opportunities
- Create plans for the future by completing goals and to-do lists
- Use links on the home page to have immediate access to all of the most current college and career research tools
There are seven schools piloting the program:
The password is the student's birthday 03082000--must be 8-digits
We hope the students at these first seven pilot schools take advantage of the opportunity to use this amazing career and college resource.