On June 26, 2019, the Kern High School Board adopted the 2019-2020 Local Control Accountability Plan. The 2017-2020 Local Control Accountability Plan can be found here.
Due to school closures in response to COVID-19, Governor Gavin Newsom signed an executive order (EO-N-56-20
) on April 23, 2020 which extended the development and adoption process for the 2020-2021 LCAP. On June 29, 2020, the Governor signed SB-98
which suspends the LCAP and the LCAP Annual Update for 2020-21 and replaces them with the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan to be adopted by September 30, 2020. Following is a summary of the key components to be included in the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan:
- Continuity of learning, including in-person instructional offerings and distance learning program
- How the district will address learning loss from COVID-19 in the 2019-20 and 2020-21 school years.
- How the district will conduct outreach to students and parents/guardians when students are not engaging or are absent.
- Types of additional supports to address the learning loss of, and accelerate learning progress for students with unique needs, including English Learners, foster youth, students experiencing homelessness, and low-income students.
- Types of professional development support and resources for educators.
- How the district will monitor and support mental health and social and emotional well-being
- How the district will provide student meals for in-person instruction and distance learning for the school year.
- How the district will align state and federal funding, including supplemental and concentration grants to align with student needs to increase and improve services for English learners, foster youth, and low-income students.
KHSD recognizes the importance of stakeholder engagement and we want to hear from all community partners and stakeholders. We are currently meeting/engaging with district advisory groups, outside community partners/groups, faculty associations and employee groups. Please check this website often as we will be updating it to include a draft of the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan and stakeholder engagement opportunities as more details become available.
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 (7:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 (9:00 a.m.)KHSD Board of Trustees Meeting - move for adoption of the 2020-21 Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
KHSD Board of Trustees Meeting
PLEASE NOTE: Ongoing communication among all stakeholders is the key to making sure that our students are supported to the best of our ability. We want to hear from all community partners and stakeholders. Please contact Brandi Ball, Ed.D., Supervising Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding items pertaining to the LCAP, the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan, and plan development timelines.