Step 1: Gather information you need
You need these items before you begin.
- Your student’s UID #
- An active/valid email address.
- Access to a phone that is listed on your student’s record.
Step 2: Create a Contact Manager Account
Steps for setting up your account: [print instructions]
- Click the “Activate Your Account” button below.
- You will be taken to the Sign Up page; click the “Sign Up Now” link near the bottom of the page.
- Enter a valid email address, a password, and your name.
- You’ll use your email address and the password you enter here to sign in later. Click Sign Up when you are done.
- Check your email. There will be an Account Activation email from firstname.lastname@example.org which contains a link to a confirmation page where you must enter your password in order to activate your account.
- Once activated, you’re ready to add your child to your account. Click the “Click here to begin” button. Select the option that says, “I do not have an Activation Code and want to activate by phone,” and click “Next”.
- Simply follow the instructions on the page to call in and activate your account. You will need to be able to call into the system from one of the phone numbers associated with your child’s student record in Synergy.
- When you have finished adding your child to your account, navigate to the Contacts tab and click the edit link to right of your child’s name. There you can simply check which types of messages you would like to receive and at which phone number or email address.
- Make sure that you click Save when you are done making changes.